If you are planning to buy a term insurance policy, you must be aware of undergoing medical tests. The medical tests are conducted by the insurance company so that the exact health condition of the policy buyer can be identified. This also helps the company to find the best plan for the policy buyer. Some of the common medical tests for term insurance include:
- Lipid Profile
- Liver function test
- Complete blood count
- Kidney function test
- Routine Urine test
- Fasting Plasma Glucose
Additional tests on the basis of age/policy coverage:
- Treadmill test
The medical tests for term insurance depend much on the type of term insurance policy you are going to opt for.
Significance of term insurance medical test
A term insurance plan is a very important investment option that you can choose for your family. This will help your family with financial support, especially when you are no more around them. From paying back loans to taking care of children’s education, and even managing the regular bills, everything can be done smoothly with the death benefit the nominees get from a term insurance policy.
Undergoing the medical test before approval of the term plan is a part of the process. Depending upon the reports of tests, overall health condition, and risk profile, the insurance company approves providing the term plan to the policy buyers.
When is a term insurance medical test required?
A medical test is usually required:
- If you are more than 35 years old
- If you choose a sum assured of a minimum of INR 10 lakh or more.
The medical test becomes even more important if the policy buyer has pre-existing illnesses, hereditary conditions, and family history.
What are the advantages of medical tests for term insurance?
Some benefits of getting medical tests done for term insurance are mentioned herein below:
- Lesser chances of claim rejection: If the insurance company finds any difference in your personal details while purchasing the policy, the claim made by the nominee later can get rejected. The medical tests are documented and the details submitted work as evidence that can support the claim.
- Reality check: The test reports you receive will let you know about your current medical conditions. This will not only help you in getting term life insurance but also take the necessary measures to lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Affordable premiums: If your test results are good and show that you do not have any existing illness or medical conditions, you will be allowed to pay lower premiums. On the other hand, having pre-existing illnesses or conditions will lead you to pay higher premiums for the term insurance plan you buy.
- Higher sum assured: On the basis of the test results, term insurance plans that need medical check-ups offer higher sum assured. This finally enables you to create a better amount of money for your family, especially when you are not there anymore to support them.
The medical tests are conducted by the insurance companies themselves. Therefore, all that you need to do is to contact the company and get the tests scheduled. The majority of the tests are conducted at home. However, some of the high-value tests are done at the labs.
If you are looking for a term insurance plan that can give your family a high sum assured on your sudden demise, you can visit the website of IIFL. You will come across several term insurance policies and accordingly shortlist some. You can then get in touch with the respective insurance companies and follow the next steps for medical tests and finally buy the right policy.