If you are looking for a way to expand the coverage of your existing wireless network, then consider performing Netgear extender setup in your home. By configuring a Netgear WiFi range extender in your house, not only will you be able to access a blazing-fast internet connection but also convert dead zones into fun zones. Plus, you get the advantage of connecting as many WiFi-enabled devices to the extender’s network as you want.
In this article, we have explained three different methods that you can use to set up a Netgear wireless range extender in your home. So, scroll down, and read on.
Netgear Extender Setup via WPS Method
WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) method lets you set up a Netgear range extender without entering the network name and password.
Here are the instructions that you need to follow in order to set up a Netgear extender using the WPS method:
- Unbox your Netgear extender.
- Plug the Netgear wireless range extender into a wall outlet and power it on.
- Wait for the LED to become solid green.
- Connect the extender to your home router using an Ethernet cable. You also hold the choice of connecting your devices wirelessly.
- Next, look for the WPS button located on your Netgear range extender.
- Once found, carefully press it and relocate your wireless device.
- In this way, you’ll be able to perform Netgear extender setup using the WPS method.
Note: If your Netgear extender does not have a WPS button, then it is recommended that you set it up using another method.
Netgear Extender Setup via Manual Method
Follow the step-by-step guidelines mentioned below and learn how to perform Netgear extender setup via the Manual method:
- Plug your Netgear extender into a working wall outlet and turn it on.
- Connect your Netgear extender as well as the wireless router.
- Switch on your computer and launch an internet browser.
- In the address bar of the internet browser, type 192.168.1.250.
Note: Consider using 192.168.1.1 default IP if you are planning to set up a new Netgear wireless router in your home.
- Press the Enter key.
- Once on the Netgear extender login page, enter the default username and password.
- Click Log In.
- On the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard, you’ll find some instructions given. Follow them and complete the process of Netgear extender setup.
Once you are done performing Netgear extender setup via the Manual method, you are free to connect as many devices to the extender’s network as you want.
Netgear Extender Setup Using Genie App
Want to set up a Netgear wireless range extender using your mobile device? Well, consider opting for the Genie app.
Note: The Netgear Genie application operates on both Apple and Android devices.
Below mentioned are the steps that will help you configure your wireless extender using the Netgear Genie app:
- Turn on your mobile device.
- Go to the Google Play Store or App Store and search for the Genie app.
- Tap Netgear Genie download.
- Wait for the Genie application to get installed properly.
- Next, create a Netgear account using your email address, username, and password.
- Log in to your Netgear wireless extender using the default admin details.
- Tap Log In.
- On the BASIC Home screen, follow the on-screen instructions, and complete setting up your wireless device using the Genie application.
By following these steps, you’ll easily be able to configure your extender using the Genie app.
Our guide to perform Netgear extender setup using the WPS method, Manual method, and Genie app has come to an end here. Here is to hope that you will be able to set up an extender with ease by following the aforementioned guidelines. If what we are hoping for comes true, then do not forget to leave a word of appreciation in the comment section.