The new models of Linksys wireless range extenders can be configured in Access Point mode. The Access Point mode lets your WiFi device expand the existing network by connecting to your home router, which enables you to have minimal loss of performance. If you want a better internet speed, then it is recommended that you perform Linksys extender setup in access point mode. Wondering how to do that? Well, wonder no more.
Performing Linksys access point setup is not difficult. Simply walk through the guidelines mentioned below and learn how to set up your extender in access point mode.
But, before you get down to the setup process, make sure that you are using one of the following range extenders:
- Linksys RE6300 AC750 BOOST WiFi Extender
- Linksys RE6800 AC1750 WiFi Extender
- Linksys RE7000 Max-Stream AC1900 WiFi Extender
- Linksys RE6700 AC1200 Amplify Dual-Band WiFi Extender
- Linksys RE6500HG AC1200 Dual-Band WiFi Extender
- LinksysRE6400 AC1200 BOOST WiFi Extender
Now, follow the guidelines mentioned in this post and learn how to perform Linksys access point setup.
How to Perform Linksys Access Point Setup?
- Power Up Your Linksys Extender
- Plug your Linksys wireless range extender into a working wall socket.
- Power up your WiFi device.
- Wait for the power LED to become solid green.
Note: Make sure that your Linksys range extender is receiving enough power supply from the wall outlet.
- Connect Your WiFi Devices
- Grab an Ethernet cable and create a connection between your Linksys extender and the existing router.
- You can also connect both your devices wirelessly. The choice is yours.
Note: If you use an Ethernet cable to connect your router and the modem, then make sure that it is not damaged from anywhere.
- Access Extender.linksys.com
- Once a stable connection between your Linksys extender and the router has been established, switch on your computer.
- Launch an internet browser on it.
Note: Whatever web browser you use, make sure that it is updated. Also, clear the cache, cookies, and browsing history of your Linksys wireless range extender.
- In the URL bar of the internet browser, type extender.linksys.com.
- Press the Enter key.
Note: If the default web address of your Linksys range extender refuses to work, then consider using the default IP address to log in to your device.
- Head Over to the Settings Menu
- Clicking Enter will take you to the Linksys extender login page.
- When prompted, enter the default password.
- Click Log In.
- The Linksys extender setup wizard will appear on your computer screen.
- Head over to the Settings menu.
- Under the ‘As a wired extender (access point)’ option, click ‘Next’.
- Create WiFi names that the Linksys range extender will be broadcasting in the future.
Note: You are free to either create two different WiFi names or use the same one for both radio bands, i.e. 2.4GHZ and 5GHz bands.
- Create an Admin Password
- The next step in line is to create an admin password for your Linksys wireless range extender.
- Click Save. If needed, you can add a password hint.
- Enter your email address when you are prompted to register your Linksys product to receive updates.
- Hit Next.
In this manner, you’ll be able to perform Linksys WiFi setup . As soon as you are done setting up your range extender in Access Point mode, the top header on your PC will display ‘Dual Band Wireless Access Point’.
The Bottom Line
If you want your Linksys wireless range extender to expand your existing network by connecting to your home router, then it is recommended that you perform Linksys access point setup by following the instructions mentioned above.
If you liked reading this article, then do leave a word of appreciation in the comments section.