Quickbooks is now widely known as one of the best accounting software available in the market. It is employed by different sectors to carry out and maintain their financial data. With every new update, the company attempts to make the software better for use and also, resolve the existing bugs of the previous version. Besides every effort, you may still encounter issues while using the application. These issues may occur because of user input or technical glitches in the application. Most users face issues while using the application in the multi-user mode. One of such errors is Quickbooks error H202. This error is encountered when the user attempts to switch to multi-user mode. Here, we have explained to you in detail about the Quickbooks error code H202 and also, explained how to get rid of the same.
Triggers of Error Code H202
The most prevalent cause of Quickbooks error h202 is that the hosting settings are not configured properly.
- Another reason can be that the Quickbooks files are configured in a way that they can not be accessed. Access to file is not allowed.
- You may also encounter the issue if the network file related to the Quickbooks application is damaged on the system.
- Your Quickbooks application may not be able to look for the exact IP address of the system.
- Another common reason for which you can encounter the issue is that there is no communication between the server and the Quickbooks application.
- Important Quickbooks services may not be running on your system.
- Lastly, you can also face the issue if the firewall is blocking the communication of the application and the file.
Ways to Get Rid of Quickbooks Error Code H202
Now, if you wish to resolve Quickbooks H202, here are all the methods that you need to follow. Each method is mentioned in detail for your help.
Method 1: Verify Network Connectivity
The very first method is to ping your server system from your workstation on which you have encountered Quickbooks H202. Here are all the steps that you need to follow.
- To start with, in the windows search, you will have to type Run and then hit the enter key.
- Now, you will have to type cmd and then press the enter key.
- You will now have to type ping[servername]. It will then ping the server from the workstation. You will then have to hit the enter key on the keyboard.
Method 2: Employing File Doctor Tool
Now, the next method that you can use to fix the Quickbooks error H202 is to use the Quickbooks file doctor tool. The Quickbooks file doctor tool is one of the best tools provided by Intuit to resolve Quickbooks network and Quickbooks company file issues like Quickbooks error 6000. The tool is easily available on the official website and then you can download it according to the operating version that you are using.
Method 3: Create New Folder for QBW File
Now, if you are facing issues while using Quickbooks files from a particular folder, you can try moving the file to a new folder. Here are all the steps that you need to follow.
- First, on your server system, you will have to make a new folder.
- You will then have to share your folder and then allow windows access permissions for sharing the company file.
- After this, you will have to move your company file to the folder that you have created.
- In the end, you will have to attempt to open the company file in multi-user mode.
Method 4: Start Quickbooks Database Server Manager Again
You can also resolve the Quickbooks H202 by restarting the Quickbooks database server manager on the system. Here are all the steps that you need to follow.
- For this, you will have to start the Run window on the system. You will then have to type services.MSC in the Run window and then tap on the Ok button.
- Next, you will have to look for the QuickbooksDBXX process. Here, XX refers to the version of Quickbooks that you are using. Click on it and choose to stop the service.
- Now, you will have to right-click on the service and then choose the start option. Now, terminate the window.
- After this, you will have to check the extensions for all the known file types.
- Next, go to the start button and then right-click on it. You will then have to choose to explore option and then choose the tools option. Under this, choose the View tab and then click on the Hide extensions for the known file types option.
- You will then have to again click on the View tab and then choose the hidden files and folder option.
- Now, you will have to untick the checkbox for the Hiding protected operating system files checkbox.
- After his, a warning prompt will appear on the screen. You will have to choose the Yes option and then choose Ok.
- After this, close the windows explorer window. Check if you are facing the same issue or not.
These were all the methods that you can use to fix the QuickBooks H202 error. With all the methods mentioned, you can easily resolve the issue. Hopefully, this guide has helped you.