Performing Netgear Orbi setup in your house can offer you access to a blazing-fast internet connection. Nonetheless, your Orbi device is also susceptible to various malicious attacks from hackers and other unauthorized users. Thus, it is important to safeguard the network of your Netgear Orbi router.
In order to secure the network of your Orbi device, you need to tweak its settings by accessing the orbilogin page. So, without any further wait, scroll down, and keep reading.
How to Secure Your Netgear Orbi Network?
- Change the Default Password
Each Netgear Orbi router comes with a default username and password. And these default credentials are easily accessible to anyone. So, before you do anything else to secure your home wireless network, consider changing the default password of your Orbi device.
In order to change the default password of your Netgear Orbi router, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Log in to your Netgear Orbi router using the default login details.
- Once you have successfully accessed the Netgear Orbi login page, go to Settings.
- Click Wireless Settings.
- The Wireless Settings page will appear on your screen.
- Under the Password field, enter the password you want your device to have.
- Click Apply.
- Wait for some time.
By following these instructions, you will be able to change the default password of your Netgear Orbi router.
- Perform Orbi Firmware Update
Performing Orbi firmware update to the latest version can also help you secure the network of your Netgear Orbi wireless device.
Therefore, follow the instructions mentioned and get to know how to update the firmware of your wireless device:
- Switch on your computer and open up a web browser.
- In the URL bar of the web browser, type orbilogin.net.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will be taken to the Netgear Orbi login page.
- When prompted, fill in the default login credentials, and click Log In.
- Once logged in, head over to the Settings option.
- Under the Maintenance option, click Firmware Update.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
In this manner, you will be able to perform Netgear Orbi firmware update with ease.
- Enable Network Encryption
Encryption is one of the most effective ways to secure the network of your Netgear Orbi router. It scrambles your data of a message so that others do not affect it.
For your information, WPA12 is the most secure type of encryption to use for your Orbi wireless network. However, if you using older devices that are approximately 10 years old, then chances are that they might not be compatible with WPA2.
- Disable SSID Broadcast
Think from a hacker’s point of view: if he wants to get access to your home wireless network, what is the first thing that will draw him in? The network name! Thus, it is recommended that you hide your network name from the available list of networks.
Wondering how to do that? Well, wonder no more! Simply access orbilogin.com, go to Settings and click Disable SSID Broadcast.
- Turn Off Your Netgear Orbi
Last, but not least, you can also safeguard your Netgear Orbi network by switching off your router when it is not in use. Your wireless router doesn’t need to be working 24/7 right? Therefore, make sure that you turn it off when not in use.
Turning off your home router will reduce the chances of hackers and other unauthorized users from accessing your wireless network.
This was all about the tips to secure the wireless network of your Netgear Orbi device. We hope that after following the tips mentioned in this post, you will be able to protect your home network from potential threats.
If you liked reading this article and want to read similar ones, do let us know via the comment section.