If you are an owner of a Netgear extender that supports the Smart Connect feature, then this post is written for you. Here, we will provide you with every detail related the Netgear Smart Connect feature so that you can make the most of your WiFi device. So, let’s get started.
What is Netgear Smart Connect?
Just in case you are unaware of what the Netgear Smart Connect feature exactly is, let us tell you that it helps in balancing the 5GHz band connection into two different frequency bands. Hence, by selecting the best frequency band, your Netgear range extender brings you a lag-free and wonderful WiFi performance.
However, to make the Smart Connect feature active, both the frequency bands should have the same SSID and password. Now, let’s head over to the process of enabling the Netgear Smart Connect feature on the range extender.
How to Enable Netgear Smart Connect on Extender?
Note: Before you start, make sure that your Netgear range extender is plugged into a working wall outlet and receives a fluctuation-free power supply.
- Now, create a wired or wireless connection between your Netgear extender and router. Keep in mind that the connection should be stable and secure.
- Switch on your PC and open a web browser on it.
Note: No matter which web browser you are using to enable the Netgear Smart Connect feature on your extender, make sure that it is updated and not accumulated with cache, cookies, and browsing history.
Now, fill in the default web address of your Netgear range extender into the address bar of the web browser and press the Enter key. If you are using a Windows PC, consider using mywifiext.net. And, if you are using an iOS supported device, use mywifiext.local.
- The Netgear extender login screen will appear where you have to enter the default username and password of your WiFi device. So, fill in the required details and click the Log In button.
- Hitting Log In will take you to the Netgear extender setup wizard.
- Navigate to the Settings of your Netgear extender and select the Wireless option.
- As soon as you click the option, you will be taken to the Wireless Settings page of your range extender.
- Now, find the Smart Connect option and enable it.
- Once done, click the Apply button and let the changes be effective.
That’s how you can enable the Smart Connect feature on your Netgear extender. Now, connect your WiFi-enabled devices to the extender’s Netgear_ext and enjoy using a superb and lag-free internet connection.
Fixed: Can’t Enable Netgear Smart Connect
Although one can enable the Netgear Smart Connect feature on the extender with the help of the aforementioned steps, some users are unable to do so. If you don’t want to meet the same fate, then have a look at the following troubleshooting tips to enable the Smart Connect feature in a hassle-free manner:
- Ensure that your Netgear extender and router are placed in the same room.
- Make sure that there is no WiFi interference device present near your Netgear extender.
- Don’t use the search bar of the web browser to access the mywifiext page.
- The default login credentials of your Netgear range extender are case-sensitive. Therefore, keep your eyes open while typing them.
- Avoid refreshing the web browser or switching tabs while enabling the Netgear Smart Connect feature on your extender.
To Sum Up
This was all about how to enable the Netgear Smart Connect feature on the range extender. We hope that you will be able to do it with ease by accessing the Netgear Genie setup wizard and take your internet experience to a whole new level.