Cancer can be a very sensitive topic for some people as it may remind them of their loved one who got cancer, or the thought of the illness’ effects may disturb them. However, it is important to be aware of the causes, symptoms, and treatments of cancer in order to spread more awareness and help more people overcome it.
Cancer is an illness in which a person’s body cells rapidly grow, multiply, and spread throughout other parts of the body. There are different types of cancer, such as:
The severity of cancer can be classified depending on these stages: one, two, three, and four being the fatal and last stage, which can mean that there will be no chance. Cancer can be very dangerous and can even lead to death when not taken. For cancer patients who are living in Mexico, you can opt to get cancer treatment in Cancun.
This article will elaborate on the possible causes, symptoms, and treatments of cancer.
There can be two causes of cancer, and these are known as internal and environmental/external. Internal means these are factors that start within a human body, such as genetics. While environmental means these are factors that occur due to a patient’s poor lifestyle.
One of the most common examples of an internal cancer factor is genetics. Cancer is a genetic disease, and this is one of the most common causes of it. Basically, this means that cancer may be inherited from a relative, or an error has happened in our cell division or mutation that has caused the extreme growth of cells.
Environmental causes of cancer can be one of the greatest contributors to a patient’s illness. There can be various types of environmental factors, such as unhealthy lifestyles—smoking, drinking, junk foods, obesity, too much sun exposure, and unsafe sex. In addition to these causes, factors such as old age and harmful chemical exposures play a role.
If we mentioned one of your unhealthy lifestyles, you’d better stop it before it’s too late!
Fatigue is the feeling of weakness or lack of energy. Every patient with cancer disease usually experiences this every day, especially when they’re undergoing special treatment or therapy.
- Consistent cough
Illnesses will usually irritate and disturb your lungs or throat. Thus, if you’re experiencing constant coughs that don’t seem to go away, schedule an appointment with your doctor immediately.
- Breast Changes
If a person is in danger of breast cancer, one of the symptoms would be changes in their breast appearance. Changes such as swelling, redding, nipple irritation, and a disturbing feeling that involves the chest.
- Difficult bowel movements
Changes in bowel movements, such as frequent or loose stools, difficulty urinating, or blood in your stool, are some of the alarming symptoms of cancer that shouldn’t be taken lightly.
- Weight loss
This symptom is common in every cancer patient. In fact, this may be the first symptom that shows up. Stomach and lung cancers may be one of the causes that can be associated with weight loss symptoms.
- The treatment for cancer varies depending on what type of cancer it’s classified as. Here are some of the different types of treatments for cancer:
- Chemotherapy uses chemicals to eliminate cancer cells. This treatment can usually take 3 to 6 months.
- Radiation Bone Marrow Transplant: healing of the damaged bone through the use of radiation or other chemicals. And the new bone that’ll replace the weak bone can be strong enough to fight cancer cells. This treatment can have the power to cure any type of cancer.
- Radiation Therapy (RT) is a type of therapy that uses high doses of radiation to eliminate cancer cells and tumors.
- Surgery: This is one of the most common types of cancer treatment and is best for tumors.
- Immunotherapy is a type of cancer treatment that strengthens a patient’s immune system to help fight against cancer.
Cancer disease shouldn’t just be taken lightly. It is important for us to spread cancer awareness so that people may know when they have it or not. And the earlier someone gets cancer treatment, the higher chance of surviving.