Netgear is one of the leading companies that manufacture world-class wireless routers. Perhaps that is why many people all across the globe have turned to Netgear routers to satisfy their internet-related needs. If you too are looking for a way to take your internet experience to another level, then it is recommended that you perform Netgear router setup in your home.
With the help of this post, we will guide you to set up a Netgear wireless router using two different methods:
- Via Manual Method
- Using Nighthawk App
But, before you get started with the setup process, there are certain prerequisites you need to keep in mind. They are as follows:
- Make sure that your Netgear wireless router is placed away from cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, treadmills, televisions, refrigerators, microwave ovens, mirrors, fish tanks, aluminum studs, etc.
- Do not place your router in corners or near thick concrete walls.
- Ensure that your wireless router is placed at the center-most location of your house.
- Keep your computer and mobile device fully charged.
Now that you have become aware of the necessary prerequisites, it’s time to proceed further and learn how to perform Netgear router setup.
Netgear Router Setup via Manual Method
In order to perform Netgear router by accessing routerlogin.net mentioned below are the instructions that you need to follow:
- Plug your Netgear wireless router into a wall socket and turn it on.
- Wait for the power LED to become solid green.
Note: If your Netgear router does not turn green, then it is recommended that you reboot it and start the setup process from scratch.
- Then, connect your wireless router and the existing modem using an Ethernet cable.
- Switch on your computer and launch an internet browser. Make sure that it is running on its updated version.
- In the address bar of the internet browser, type www.routerlogin.net
- Press the Enter key.
- You will be taken to the Netgear router administrative page.
- When prompted, enter the default username and password into their respective fields.
Note: If you are not sure regarding the default login credentials of your Netgear wireless router, then it is advised that you refer to the user manual. You’ll find every little detail regarding your device in there.
- Click Log In.
- The Netgear Genie smart setup wizard will appear on your computer screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
By following the instructions mentioned above, you’ll be able to configure a Netgear wireless router using the Manual method.
Netgear Router Setup Using Nighthawk App
Walk through the guidelines given below to install a Netgear wireless router using the Nighthawk app:
- Unlock your mobile device.
- Go to the Google Play Store or App Store.
- In the search bar, type Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Tap the Search icon.
- From the displayed results, choose the Nighthawk app, and tap Download.
- Wait for the application to get installed thoroughly.
Note: Do not perform any background activities while the Netgear Nighthawk application is in the process of getting downloaded.
- Then, create a Netgear account using your username, email address, and password.
- Log in to your wireless router by using the default routerlogin.net admin password and username.
- Tap Log In.
- Follow the on-screen prompts displayed on the BASIC app screen.
In this manner, you’ll be able to install your Netgear wireless router by using the Nighthawk application.
Our guide to perform Netgear router setup using the Nighthawk app and accessing the Netgear router login page has come to an end here. Hopefully, after following the steps outlined in this post, you’ll be able to configure a wireless router with ease and get access to a blazing-fast internet connection.