It’s no secret that hair oil is a key player in any hair care routine. But with such a dizzying array of options, choosing the best hair oil for men can be a dizzying experience. So, in this article, we’ll break down the basics of hair oil, teach you how to choose the right hair oil for your needs and help you select the best hair oil for men & women. So whether you’re looking for a deep-conditioning treatment or just a little shine, we’ve got you covered.
What are the benefits of using hair oil?
Hair oil has a ton of benefits for both men and women. It helps keep the scalp healthy by regulating sebum production. It also conditions the hair and keeps it from becoming dry and brittle. Additionally, it can also help control frizz and make styling easier.
Hair oil offers moisturizing properties and can help keep the scalp from becoming dry or itchy. It would also help tame flyaways and add shine to the hair. Additionally, many men and women use hair oil as a pre-shampoo treatment to help condition and soften their hair.
How to choose the right hair oil for your hair care needs?
Everyone’s hair is different. And there are so many hair oils to choose from. It can be daunting to try and find the perfect hair oil for your needs. We are here to help you identify your hair needs and how you may pick the best hair oil for men & women.
- The first step is to identify what your hair needs. Do you have a dry scalp? Dandruff? Split ends? Frizzy hair? Once you know what your concerns are, it will be easier to find the right hair oil that can help address them.
- Another important thing is to know your hair type. If you have thick & curly hair, you’ll want a heavier oil that can coat each strand and tame those locks. On the other hand, if you have fine, straight hair, a light oil or serum might be all you need.
So, how do you decide which hair oil is best for you? First, read the labels and ingredient lists carefully to see if they match your needs and preferences. Then, you’re on the way to finding the perfect hair oil for your locks.
Common ingredients found in hair oils
Before you go out and buy any hair oil, it’s important to know what you’re looking for. What are the ingredients? Are they safe? Will they work with your hair type? That’s why we’ve put together this guide to some of the best and the most common ingredients found in hair oils.
So you can make an informed decision about which oil is best for you. Whether you’re looking for the best hair oil for men or women, look out for these ingredients:
- Argan oil: Extracted from the Argan tree, the oil is high in Vitamin E and fatty acids. It’s often used to treat dry & damaged hair and improves shine and elasticity.
- Coconut oil: Known as a natural moisturizer, coconut oil helps to heal dry or damaged hair. It also works as a heat protector, meaning it can help prevent split ends and frizz.
- Rosehip oil: High in fatty acids, Rosehip oil includes Omega-3 and Omega-6. It’s often used to treat hair fall, scalp issues, and split ends.
- Onion Seed Oil: Onion Oil increases blood flow to hair follicles, thus improving hair growth. It also prevents hair loss.
- Amla Oil: Amla Oil promotes the overall health of hair & scalp and prevents premature graying.
- Castor Oil: Castor oil greatly nourishes the scalp with proteins, vitamins, and antioxidants, increasing blood circulation to the scalp. It also enhances the absorption of other hair care ingredients and locks in moisture.
Our Top Picks
Wondering which hair oil is perfect for your hair? We have you covered. Mamaearth is Asia’s first Made Safe certified brand and offers a wide range of natural hair oils. We prefer its hair oils because they contain only safe and gentle ingredients with zero toxins.
The following are our top picks among the best hair oil for men:
- Onion Hair Oil for Hair Regrowth and Hair Fall Control: Packed with the goodness of Onion Seed Oil, Almond Oil, Castor Oil, Redensyl, Amla Oil, And Bhringraj Oil, this hair oil will boost hair growth and add strength & shine.
- BhringAmla Hair Oil with Bhringraj and Amla for Intense Hair: This ayurvedic hair care recipe is the key to healthy, voluminous, and smooth hair. The hair oil also promotes hair growth and can prevent premature graying of hair.
- Henna Hair Oil with Henna & Coffee Oil for Premature Graying: Enriched with Henna, Almond Oil, Indigo Oil, and Coffee Oil, this hair oil helps fight premature graying of hair, promotes a healthy scalp, and is safe to use for all hair types.
Tips on Using the Right Quantity of Oil
Remember that a little goes a long way regarding hair oils. So start with a small amount and increase as needed. The last thing you want after washing your hair oil is to end up with greasy locks!
The amount of hair oil needed ranges from 1 to 5 pumps depending on your hair’s texture, length, thickness, and condition. A useful hack is applying one pump at a time and evenly distributing the oil. You may add an extra pump to hydrate your strands properly for a deep treatment.
When applying the oil, focus on your scalp and massage it for a few minutes. Then, use your fingertips to work the oil through the lengths of your hair. Be sure to avoid the roots if you have oily hair, as this can make your locks look greasy.
After-Wash Hair Care: How to Use Rice Water for Hair?
Now that you’ve oiled and washed your hair, it’s time to spritz your locks with the goodness of rice water. Rice water detangles hair, provides shine, and promotes hair growth so that you get the hair of your dreams.
But how to use rice water for hair? With Mamaearth’s Rice Wonder Water Hair Serum, it’s easier than ever!
Rice Water is a traditional skin care remedy of South Asia, made using fermented rice water. It is known to make hair stronger and reduce hair breakage. This serum helps you detangle your locks and improve their smoothness and appearance in 7 seconds. Take a small amount of the serum in your palms, apply it through the length of your hair, wait 7 seconds and comb through. That’s how to use rice water for hair!
The Bottom Line
The take-home message is this: there is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ hair oil, and the best oil for you might not be the best oil for someone else. So, it’s important to research, read reviews, and experiment until you find an oil that works best for your hair type. Mamaearth’s hair oils for men & women are dermatologically tested, include no harmful chemicals & promote Healthy Hair Growth. So, say goodbye to damaged & frizzy hair now!