Is the LED on your Netgear Orbi router constantly blinking purple? If you are nodding your head in yes, then worry not because you have landed on the right post. Here, we have come up with some troubleshooting tips that will surely stop the blinking of the LED on your wireless device. So, without any further ado, let’s get down to it.
Why is Your Netgear Orbi Router Blinking Purple?
The LED on your wireless device won’t be blinking purple without any reason right? There’s got to be something behind the issue. Discussed below are the most common factors contributing to the Orbi purple light issue:
- Your internet connection is poor.
- Your Netgear Orbi router is not properly connected to the satellite.
- Longer hours of inactivity can also lead to the Orbi purple light issue.
- You are using a damaged Ethernet cable to connect your Netgear Orbi router and the existing modem.
- The firmware of your device has not been updated via orbilogin.net .
- Your Orbi device is not properly configured.
- There is some defect with your Orbi wireless router.
Now, you can take the help of the troubleshooting tips mentioned below and learn how to fix the Netgear Orbi purple light issue.
Fixed: Netgear Orbi Blinking Purple
- Reboot Your Orbi Router
Rebooting is the first and the most basic troubleshooting tip to get rid of the Netgear Orbi purple light issue. Mentioned below are the steps you need to follow in order to give your wireless device a restart:
- Power off your Orbi device and unplug it from the wall outlet.
- Wait for some time.
- Then, plug your device back into the wall socket and power it up.
Check whether the LED on your Orbi router is still blinking purple. If it is, then it is recommended that you keep reading.
- Perform Orbi Firmware Update
As mentioned above, outdated or corrupted firmware can also lead you to the purple light issue. Therefore, perform Netgear Orbi firmware update to troubleshoot it.
Here are the guidelines that will help you perform firmware update of your device:
- Switch on your computer.
- Launch an internet browser.
- In the URL bar of the internet browser, type orbilogin.net.
- Press the Enter key.
- The Netgear Orbi login page will appear on the screen of your computer.
- When prompted, enter the default login credentials of your device.
- Click Log In.
- Once logged in, go to Settings.
- Click Maintenance.
- Select Firmware Update.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
By following these instructions, you’ll be able to update the firmware of your Netgear Orbi router to the latest version.
- Check the Ethernet Cable
Another thing that you can do to rectify the purple light issue is to check the Ethernet cable connecting your Netgear Orbi router and the existing modem.
If the Ethernet cable connecting your devices is damaged, consider replacing it with a new one. Also, ensure that the connection is finger-tight.
- Reset Your Orbi Device
If nothing has worked for you so far, then you should consider reconfiguring your Netgear Orbi device from scratch. But, before you do that, you need to reset your Orbi.
Follow the steps given below to restore your router to the factory default settings:
- Look for the Reset button located on your Netgear Orbi device.
- Once located, carefully press it using an oil pin.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
Now, perform Netgear Orbi setup and check whether the LED light is still blinking purple.
These were the topmost troubleshooting tips to help you get rid of the Netgear Orbi purple light issue. If there is any other way through which the purple light issue can be resolved according to you, do share it with us via the comment section.